Tenancy Team Leader, Queanbeyan - $82,596 package
Located in Queanbeyan, your tenancy management and client management expertise is required for an immediate start at this tier 1 community housing provider.
Reporting to the Regional Manager of Operations, the Team Leader is responsible for leading a team in managing tenancies within the managed region. The role is responsible for ensuring the team delivers quality tenancy management and support to customers presenting with complex needs to achieve stable housing. This is achieved by providing excellent team management, coaching and support to the Tenancy Officers, conducting regular performance reviews, and ensuring all team members are operating in a productive and safe environment.
Reporting to the Regional Manager of Operations, this role will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with various tenant support agencies and government departments including links with police and support agencies
- Providing full tenancy management/property management services to tenants including managing rent arrears, inspections and complaints
- Maintaining accurate and up to date tenancy records
- Approving initial income reviews
- Responding to routine maintenance requests and working closely with the internal Assets team to get repairs done
- Supporting tenancy and community participation initiatives
- Working collaboratively within the team, office and field environments and contribute to team outcomes
- Providing Leadership to a team of tenancy officers
Essential skills: To ensure success in this position, you must have:
- Certificate IV in Social Housing or Real Estate or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working with complex clients and proven success improving their housing outcomes
- Experience in social or affordable housing or real estate coupled with an understanding of issues affecting socially disadvantaged groups eg drug and alcohol, mental health
- Detailed knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act
- Innovative and solutions focused
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to work unsupervised and contribute to the overall success of the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams
- It is a requirement of this position that applicants who apply must have or must be willing to apply for a valid National Police Check, a Working with Children Check and a valid Vulnerable Persons Check
If you would like to work for an organisation committed to making a positive difference in the community, please apply.
The Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Employer of Choice for Women. People of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and other culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. People living with a disability are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please click here. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Meagan Allen on email@example.com or 0434 726 747, quoting Ref No. 738577.
Job vacancies on the AHI website have been compiled from different sources, including information provided directly from the organisations listed, or their agents. Any details must be confirmed with the organisation listed.
Message sent successfully...