This organisation, located in Batemans Bay, provides secure, affordable and culturally appropriate Aboriginal housing and other community services in the South Eastern Region of NSW. They are looking for an inspirational, results focused leader who enjoys challenges, is an excellent problem solver to lead a team to success.
Batemans Bay, NSW
The General Manager reports to the Board. As the leader of the organisation, you will work with the Board to develop the organisation's strategic direction, and then lead and direct the operations staff to deliver this strategy and associated plans.
You will be a results focused leader with strong people skills who thrives on challenges and responsibility. You will lead from the front and be ready to delegate and manage a team to success.
You must be able to represent and advocate with passion and communicate with influence and effectiveness at all levels in the community and government.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing the strategy and monitoring and reporting on results
- Providing organisational direction and developing a healthy organisational culture
- Driving and developing employee capability and performance
- Ensuring the organisation maintains registration, manages risk and is compliant with all relevant frameworks and legislation
- Financial management
You must meet the following criteria to be successful:
- 5 years' experience at a senior management level
- Qualification in Finance or General Business Management
- Qualification in Social Science, Community Services, Aboriginal studies and/or at least 10 years demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, their needs and the challenges they face regarding housing and homelessness.
- Strategy development and delivery
- Change management
- Financial management
- Able to pass a Working with Vulnerable People and National Criminal History check
- Australian driver's license
- Aboriginality preferred but not essential
Please submit your resume with a covering letter that addresses the selection criteria and describes to us why you should be the next leader of this organisation.
To apply online click here. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Natalie Carrington on 0439 626 393.
Applications close on Friday, 4th May 2018.