Manager (Broome), Foundation Housing
Foundation Housing is a not for profit organisation at the forefront of the management and development of affordable housing in Western Australia and currently have a vacancy for a Manager at their office in Broome.
This role is responsible for the day to day operational management of Foundation Housing's operations in Broome, including mainstream housing, lodging and external tenancy management services.
- Property and tenancy management, including maintenance service for all Foundation managed properties in Broome and other Kimberley locations
- Direct management of a portfolio of around 50 units of accommodation, including 26 lodging rooms
- Establish new tenancies - showing properties, prepare lease agreements, bond lodgement and orientation for new tenants
- Lead, motivate and direct a team of 2 staff in line with organisational processes
- Respond quickly to indicators that tenancies are at risk and refer to Tenancy Support Team
- Work closely with the Property Services team to facilitate the implementation of long term and cyclical maintenance programs
- Manage workflow and performance of the Broome office to achieve performance against agreed KIPs and budget
- Ensure organisational policies and procedures are adhered to and contribute to review and improvement
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate the below criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in tenancy and housing management
- An understanding and commitment to team leadership, issues of gender, ethnicity, discrimination, change management and social justice
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team
- Demonstrated experience of performance based management o meet KPIs and other targets
- Experience in, and a commitment to improving and delivering excellent levels of customer service
- Sound time management skills including ability to prioritise workloads of self and others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Knowledge an experience using PC's, Windows, Outlook and databases
- Knowledge of Residential Tenancies Act
- Knowledge of the legal framework social housing landlords operate within
- Understanding of current issues facing social housing provider organisations
The holding of a National Police Clearance and a WA driving licence are essential requirements.
Foundation Housing provides a stimulating, positive and supportive work environment in what can sometimes be a challenging sector. The organisation has a very clear set of values that assist staff in their day-to-day dealings with tenants, residents, stakeholders and other staff. As a not-for-profit organisation, staff members are also entitled to receive salary packaging benefits.
For more information and to view the full job description please visit the Foundation Housing website at www.foundationhousing.org.au. To be considered your application should include a copy of your resume and a covering letter addressing the above essential criteria for the position. Click here to apply for the role.
Job vacancies on the AHI website have been compiled from different sources, including information provided directly from the organisations listed, or their agents. Any details must be confirmed with the organisation listed.
Message sent successfully...