Finance and Corporate Services Manager, Q Shelter
Q Shelter is the peak body for the housing and homelessness services industry in Queensland. The organisation is funded by the Queensland Government and supported by a membership base of community housing providers, homelessness services, and individuals who are passionate about delivering social and affordable housing for those in need. They are seeking a Finance and Corporate Services Manager to fill a varied role reporting to the Executive Director and form part of the Senior Leadership Team.
BloomingHR for Q Shelter
Spring Hill, Brisbane
The Finance and Corporate Services Manager reports to the Executive Director and has 3 direct reports including the Executive Assistant/Business Manager, Finance and Admin Officer and the Marketing and Communications Manager.
The key purpose of the role is to contribute to the development of the business strategy and ensuring its commercial sustainability by driving effective systems in the areas of finance, corporate governance, risk and compliance, HR, ICT and marketing/communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering the financial operations of the business including budgeting, audits, cash flow, debit and providing authoritative analysis and advice to the Executive Director and Board
- Developing business and operational plans within relevant portfolios which drive the delivery of the strategic plan
- Delivering on HR framework which ensures compliance with relevant industrial relations laws and supports an organisational culture which attracts and retains high performing, engaged staff
- Driving the ICT framework, including the company website, and ensuring systems and system security meets the needs of the operations now and in the future
- Driving the continuous identification, review, control and reporting of Q Shelter's risks through a robust risk management framework.l
- Overseeing facilities management including contracts, leases, equipment and purchasing and ensuring that Q Shelter's administrative and reception functions are providing effective services to the business.
The community housing sector in Queensland and nationally is a rewarding yet commercially demanding, competitive, changing and often uncertain policy environment.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate (please ensure to address these criteria in your application):
- CA/CPA qualified backed by relevant business degree
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role (NFP experience desirable but not essential)
- Proven ability to lead, coach and motivate a diverse but small workforce successfully and operate effectively as part of a senior team
- An innovative, collaborative, resilient and resourceful approach with the ability to work strategically and operationally in all areas of responsibility
- A role model of ethics and integrity who can demonstrate a commitment to social inclusion and improving the lives of those who are disadvantaged
Q Shelter can offer an excellent career opportunity in a diverse and talented environment. They are committed to their values and aim and work to the highest professional standards. They offer a wide variety of benefits including generous salary packaging benefits, additional leave entitlements and flexible work practices.
Click here to apply. Please submit your resume and a cover letter of no more than two pages addressing the selection criteria.
Job vacancies on the AHI website have been compiled from different sources, including information provided directly from the organisations listed, or their agents. Any details must be confirmed with the organisation listed.
Message sent successfully...