Chief Housing Officer, Housing Trust
This Executive role is your opportunity to drive tenancy and community programs. An excellent remuneration package with benefits and on-site car parking are offered as part of this role.
BloomingHR for The Housing Trust
The Housing Trust is a tier 1 nationally registered community housing provider that has serviced and supported members of the Illawarra community for over 30 years. They provide housing and property management services to around 2000 residents in approximately 1200 homes. They turn over approximately $15m pa and employ over 40 people. Their purpose is to provide homes, build communities and create opportunities and enrich the lives of their tenants.
The Chief Housing Officer (CHO) reports directly to the CEO and is part of the Executive Leadership Group and is responsible for leading the Customers and Communities teams to delver high quality tenancy management and community engagement programs that improve outcomes for tenants.
With four direct reports and a team of 20, the CHO is responsible for driving continuous improvement of policy and practice in tenancy management and community services whilst supporting the CEO to position the organisation for growth and maintain tier 1 national registration.
- Providing inspirational leadership and coaching to ensure high levels of performance and staff engagement
- Leading change and contributing to the identification and analysis of opportunities to grow services and the housing portfolio
- Ensuring effective results against key performance indicators and financial targets associated with tenancy management, allocations, community engagement and outcomes for tenants
- Contribute to whole of business strategic planning and the development and implementation of operational/business plans, budgets and forecasts
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with support providers, auditors and other key stakeholders
- Ensuring the accurate recording of information and best use of the organisations tenancy management systems
- Providing reporting to the Board and sub committees
- Ensuring the organisation maintains tier 1 national registration and compliance with a legal and regulatory policy
- Support the Board and CEO raise the profile and influence of the organisation by being an active member of the community and the community housing sector.
- At least 3 years senior management experience in community housing or other relevant sector
- significant experience leading diverse teams and managing change
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business management, social housing or community services
- Sound knowledge of social housing management, policy and registration requirements
- Demonstrated financial management
- Demonstrated experience driving best practice customer service and community engagement programs
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and ethical behaviour
This is an exciting time to join the Housing Trust. Your exceptional leadership skills, drive and knowledge will be rewarded through an excellent remuneration package and a rewarding career developing teams and improving outcomes for society's most vulnerable.
Please include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a resume with your application. The full position description can be found under the 'Files' tab below.
To apply online, please click on this link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Natalie Carrington at email@example.com, quoting Re No. 790211.
Job vacancies on the AHI website have been compiled from different sources, including information provided directly from the organisations listed, or their agents. Any details must be confirmed with the organisation listed.
Message sent successfully...