General Manager, Housing South Division, Haven; Home, Safe
The General Manager - Housing South is responsible for managing HHS's housing provision within the metropolitan and suburban Melbourne and Barwon South West region.
Haven; Home, Safe
Preston and Geelong, Victoria
The General Manager, Housing South Division is responsible for managing HHS’s housing provision within metropolitan and suburban Melbourne and Barwon South West. This includes but is not limited to
Strategic Directions (with a focus on housing services delivery)
Relationships (with a focus on Tenant consultation and participation & stakeholder engagement)
Management Reporting and compliance
Key Selection Criteria Includes:
Detailed understanding of and commitment to affordable housing policies and services including the Residential Tenancies Act, Office of the Registrar of Housing Associations, National Community Housing Standards, Human Rights Charter and relevant policies and guidelines developed and adopted by Haven; Home, Safe.
Highly developed skills, knowledge and experience in tenancy and property management.
Well-developed suite of modern management skills, technologies and systems.
Demonstrated relationship management skills in a challenging and complex environment.
Experience in complex client management or human services environment.
Understanding of and empathy with and the organisation’s purpose, values and approaches to working with its client group including homeless people, people with a disability and people from a non-English speaking background.
Tertiary qualifications in related disciplines are highly desirable but a person having significant success and experience in a similar position is encouraged to apply.
Successful appointment of this position will be subject to:
- Taking part in recruitment testing as part of the selection process
- Pre-employment medical disclosure form prior to commencement
- Undergo a Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement
- All Haven; Home, Safe staff must hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence at all times
- All Haven; Home, Safe staff must take responsibility for a safe and healthy work environment and have a commitment to equal employment opportunity and a workplace free from discrimination and harassment
- A sound working knowledge of computers and Microsoft office programs
- A commitment to and respect of Haven; Home, Safes Values and Expected behaviours
- Participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace
- Comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others, in adhering to safe work procedures
- Co-operate with management in its fulfilment of its legislative obligations
- Take reasonable care to ensure their own safety and health and that of others, and to abide by their duty of care provided for in the legislation
- To report any injury, hazard or illness immediately, to their supervisor
- Not place others at risk by any act or omission
- Not wilfully or recklessly interfere with safety equipment
- All Haven; Home, Safe staff must participate in training, supervision and appraisal activities
- Some out of hours (including rostered system) and weekend work may be required
- All Haven; Home, Safe staff are required to perform the Concierge function (on a rostered system)
Please click on the 'files' tab below for the full position description
To be considered for shortlisting and an interview applications must include the following:
A statement which describes your suitability against each of the key selection criteria detailed in the Position Description;
A resume containing your contact details, summary of work experience, details of qualifications and education
Referees – if required for an interview you will be required to provide details of at least three referees – ideally one should be from your supervisor and from your most recent employer and others a knowledge of your work performance
Applications can be emailed, posted or hand delivered to:
Posted or Hand Delivered: “Private & Confidential”, Human Resources Officer, Haven; Home, Safe, 10-16 Forest Street, PO Box 21, Bendigo, Vic, 3552
Job vacancies on the AHI website have been compiled from different sources, including information provided directly from the organisations listed, or their agents. Any details must be confirmed with the organisation listed.
Message sent successfully...