Tenancy Management Officer, Port Phillip Housing Association
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career working for a NFP organisation developing and managing affordable housing for people on low to moderate incomes. If you are a passionate, driven, flexible tenancy/housing/property officer with a commitment to social justice then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
BloomingHR for Port Phillip Housing Association
Port Phillip Housing Association Limited (PPHA) is an award-winning, independent not-for-profit organisation providing social and affordable community housing for people on low to moderate incomes. They draw on 30 years of financial, design, construction and project management experience to create some of Melbourne's most attractive and liveable developments. Their services are particularly targeted to people who are disadvantaged, experiencing housing stress or at risk of homelessness.
Reporting to the Co-ordinator - Housing Services, the Tenancy Management Officer will provide professional and responsive tenancy management services in accordance with PPHA policies and procedures, relevant legislation and regulatory frameworks.
- Identifying and assessing customer housing needs
- Provision of information, advice and assistance to customers regarding their housing options
- Responding to tenant issues as they arise and facilitating the resolution of disputes affecting tenants
- Representing PPHA at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) as and where required
- Ensuring tenants understand their responsibilities with regard to rental payments
- Maximising rental income including the pursuit of rental arrears
- Conducting property inspections
- Ensuring effective and efficient allocation of new tenants to vacant properties.
Selection Criteria - Please address these in your cover letter:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Practical knowledge of Victorian Residential Tenancies Act and the Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)
- Knowledge and understanding of the social housing sector and issues that impact on housing affordability
- Demonstrated experience in tenancy management of private, public or community housing
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively and compassionately with people with complex needs and challenging behaviours
- Well-developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Well-developed problem solving and influencing skills
- Ability to recommend strategies to improve service delivery
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in computer systems
- Current full Victorian driver's license
If you would like to work for an organisation committed to making a positive difference in the community, please click here to apply.
Job vacancies on the AHI website have been compiled from different sources, including information provided directly from the organisations listed, or their agents. Any details must be confirmed with the organisation listed.
Message sent successfully...