We are pleased to advise that the Australasian Housing Institute's Annual General Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 28th November 2017 at 6pm at Shangri-La Hotel Sydney.
Run at the end of every year, the Annual General Meeting provides AHI Members with an opportunity to participate in the discussion about the strategic direction of your association. At this meeting new members of the Board will be appointed, annual reports such as the Directors' Report, Audited Financial Statements and the President's address will be presented. We welcome all AHI members, friends and colleagues to join us in the discussion about the strategic direction of your association in 2017.
The meeting will be followed by the networking event and Q&A discussion with our special guests from The National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO). Don't miss this unique opportunity to listen how our American colleagues inspire and engage professionals in housing, community development, finance, government, social services and residents to create attainable and sustainable housing and communities for vulnerable families and individuals.
The speakers from NAHRO will include:
- Kerron Barnes, Interagency Coordinator, Town of Mamkating NY
- Don Bibb, Executive Director, Wicomico County Housing Authority
- Tyra Duncan-Hall, HACA Commissioner, Housing Authority of the City of Austin
- Coram J. Rimes, Chairman of the Board Orange HA, Orange Housing Authority
- Mary Jo Jakab, VP IRGE, South Portland Housing Authority
- Ramsey M. Jay, Executive Director, Housing Authority of the City of Santa Paula
- John Mahon, Executive Director, Bayonne Housing Authority
- Laurie Putscher, Director, Office of Asset Management, District of Columbia Housing Authority
- Elizabeth Scott Glenn, Retired-Deputy Director, Baltimore County Department of Planning
- Henrietta Snipes, Vice Chair NAHRO Commisioners Committee, Opelka Housing Authority
And at this part of the year it is impossible not to add a Christmas vibe to the event. End of the year AGM is always a great opportunity to celebrate the festive season, greet industry peers and discuss plans for the year ahead.